Wednesday 16 April 2014

Day 157 - Busy. Busy. Busy | Featured Beard - Gandalf (Special request by Jonathan Youdale)

It is really nice to be actually working through-out the day and not just sat her looking at pointless websites and checking every five minutes to see if another rumor has come through for Glastonbury, or they might have actually released the full line up. Along side the big project me and Rob have been sorting out we have now been given another smaller project to be working with along side that, which also means I get to say down in the marketing office for as long as these projects go on and everyone is happy. Especially me now I don't have to sit upstairs with people I don't get along with.

Speaking of Glastonbury, planning has officially started. I think the plan still remains about getting one big tent, but instead of a tent we're going for a teepee style of tent. I've actually never put up or camped in a teepee before and I think what with some of the crazy antics we'll be getting up to it will be perfect. We managed to get a rough idea of what travel we're looking at along with times and what not. It's looking like a 2AM start on the Wednesday to get down to the site nice and early to get a good camping spot. Exciting times.

I've not really been up to a great deal today so I'm going to jump straight into the featured beard

---------------------------------BEARD TIME-----------------------------------------

Today we have a special request from a friend of mine Jonathan Youdale. Jonny was actually the man that came up with the idea with the "featured beard". I like to think that I have bought the light of the beard to Jonny, whenever we watch a TV show or film we are forever picking out epic beards that we see, and I don't see it stopping any time soon.

So lets crack on. Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit is a fantastic fantasy novel and film set in Middle Earth. Both The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings features swords, drinking, fights and of course the most magical of all ingredients when it comes to fantasy based films...the beard. Although many beautiful beards are shown through-out the duration of both sets of films, I am picking this for both its own qualities and to the request of a dear friend of mine.

This is...Gandalf!


To be more specific this is actually Gandalf the Grey. Gandalf does eventually come Gandalf the White, but we'll talk more about that later. Gandalf is a fictional character created by the wonderful mind of J.R.R Tolkien. I'm not sure on the exact age of Gandalf through-out Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, but if I remember correctly he is VERY old, and he is also a wizard, which gives me 10+ cool points in my book. In the films Gandalf is played by Sir Ian McKellen, who isn't that well known for his bearded roles, but Gandalf is a totally different matter.

From the picture above you can instantly see the stunning length of such a beard. Myself I'm not a fan of the grey beards, but the length and depth of this beard has no bounds and makes up for the grey colouring entirely.
The beard around the chin itself is a eye catching selling point of this beard, but the moustache cannot go unnoticed, although it may be faint in this photo, it is the perfect aid to a truly epic beard. Let's look at some more pictures.


Here we see Gandalf the White. And although in the story Gandalf becomes more powerful at this point (I think), you can see his beard growing abilities have been sub parred to his magic abilities. Gandalf has clearly been working to hard on his magic and let his beard grow out of hand, which then led to him trimming way to much off of his beard. Although still a magical beard, just not has magical as good old Gandalf the Grey.


Here is a high quality image of that wonderful beard that Gandalf the Gray is packing. Any man that can pull of the wizard robes, wizard hat, a badass staff and that majestic beard has earned my full respect. I like to think that maybe one day I could get to that stage, but I feel that with my shy amount of hair thus far, it will never happen. But lets not darken the mood...

Here's the man himself with an AK-47. Life ain't nothing but bitches and money ey Gandalf?!

No comments:

Post a Comment